Sunday, November 14, 2010

Just a Short Note...

If I believed in Santa Claus, which I don't (because I'm not 4), I'd write him a letter something like this:

"Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas are Starbucks gift cards.

Thank you,

Shannan"

I'm not going to lie, giving up lattes has been tough! Aside from one minor melt-down, where Adam was out of town for work overnight and I was up every hour with children and/or puppy and I woke up the next morning and realized that life was much, much easier with Adam around, and I called him crying and asked if it was okay if I bought a coffee, because I didn't think I could possibly make it through the day without one (poor me!), I have actually survived with just my Keurig. This challenge really came at a perfect time for me since Thanksgiving is this month. I've found over the past few weeks that when I make a concerted effort to dwell on what I HAVE, I forget about what I don't have. Turns out - I have A LOT! It's funny, because, materially, I probably have less than I've had in years. Good thing I married a pretty amazing man that takes care of me. And, thankfully, life isn't all about our bank accounts - or about the Vikings making the playoffs, because I've had to let go of that too.

It really is true that the best things in life are free. Over the last two months, I have been overwhelmed at all of the good things in my life, and I have been challenged to keep spending my time and energy on things that last: my relationships - with my husband, my children, my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment