Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 17 - or Day 92, but who's counting?

Yes, I know - it's been well over a month since my last entry. Where do I even begin with the excuses? Wedding planning? Tax season? Being sick for an entire week? Do those things count?

When I was in grade school, every year the 4 fastest girls & boys in the class got to compete at a city-wide track meet at the end of the year. I made the team every year, and I always looked forward to running the races. My 5th grade year, I decided that, in addition to the relay, I was going to run the 400 meter race too. I started off pretty well. I was well ahead of the rest of the girls and felt like I should win the race...until I got about 200 meters in. I didn't know how to pace myself for a race that long and despite my father's encouragement to keep going, I walked right off the track and quit the race.

I feel like that A LOT in life. I am always excited to start projects, and I rarely think about the details or consequences of making certain choices. I get overwhelmed easily and find myself thinking back to the 11 year old on the track wanting to quit.

The good news is that this blog has been a success for me! It hasn't been what I thought it would be, but my relationship with God has certainly grown. Over the last 2 weeks I have been able to read my Bible every morning before getting the kids ready for school. I only have to set my alarm clock 20 minutes earlier, and the payoff has been huge. I'm still finding that things don't always go how I plan. Some mornings the kids still wake up before me, but God always seems to find a way to encourage me anyway.

The Bible study I started is called "Victoriously Frazzled". If that isn't a title that moms can relate to, I don't know what is! I would definitely recommend it for those that are finding it hard to keep up with the daily demands of life. Even if Bible reading isn't something you normally do, I promise you will find this helpful! It really only takes a few minutes every day.

Even though this process wasn't what I expected, it reminds me that God uses us despite our lack of ability. I'm also thankful for second, third, and 45,000th chances! :-) Keep plugging away at whatever God has called you to. He is faithful to help you complete it, even when you feel like you can't.

1 comment:

  1. So celebrate the process with you dear woman!
    You are a beautiful reflection of how God uses time to teach us more than we imagine.
    Keep listening...
    Keep learning...
    Keep living....

    ReplyDelete